International Symposium "New directions in Urban Water Management"
to be held 12-14 September 2007, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris (France).
The symposium is organized for urban water and environmental specialists for which
exchange of ideas for new directions in urban water management is an challenge in the
new global urbanized world.
Objectives of the Symposium
- Bringing together leading international urban water management experts to discuss new concepts, approaches and technologies for dealing with urban water problems under various settings, covering both developed and developing countries.
- Exchange of ideas for new directions in urban water management, as well as drawing recommendations for the formulation of new strategies and implementation elements such as guidelines and educational tools.
- Presentation and delivery of the results and outputs of the IHP-VI Urban Water Management Programme (UWMP) and gathering feed-back from the participants regarding their applicability, gaps and possible extensions. These elements will also feed the design of the next phase of IHP-VII (2008-2013).
- Data requirements management for integrated urban water management
- Processes and interactions in the urban water cycle
- Towards sustainable urban groundwater management
- Integrated urban water system interactions:complementarities among urban water services
- Integrated urban water modeling and management under specific climates
- Urban water security, human health and disaster prevention
- Urban aquatic habitats in integrated urban water management
- Socio-economic and institutional aspects in urban water management
- Urban water education, training and technology transfer
Click here for more informations, download pre-registration form (pdf, 456KB)
Symposium on New directions in Urban Water Management
Division of Water Sciences, UNESCO
1 rue Miollis
75732 Paris Cedex 15, FRANCE
Fax: +33 1 4568 5811